Friday, October 12, 2007

How to find your Goth Name

I thought this was interesting. If you go www.deadname.com you can find out your Goth name. My name was Bloody Angel. Yep, that's about right. Anyway, while in physical therapy yesterday I was watching a newscast about the school shooting in Cleveland yesterday. There was a bulleted list describing the shooter. The first bullet point was "Goth." So the list looked something like this:

• Goth
• Slapped mother
• Attempted suicide
• Bad student

There were a couple others but like ALL the other bullet points made sense. The fact that he was classified as a "goth" is what bothered me because I went to school with like 95% Goth kids but they were the nicest most talented people you could meet. So it pissed me off that on the news they were classifying a goth kid in the same category as someone who would hit his mother and open fire at a school. It could be any kid but now they are all "look out for those scary kids in black." In any case, his mother probably deserved it.

Peace out,

Bloody Angel

P.S. I was NOT goth in high school; I was the weird one.

1 comment:

jm said...

hahahaha man those lists. I remember when columbine happened they did the bullet point list on the targets. The attackers targeted:

*Christians
*Muslims
*Jews
*Whites
*Blacks
*Hispanic
*Students
*Teachers
*Athletes
*Musicians
*Non Athletes
*Non Musicians